Friday, July 11, 2008

yup i finally saw whales






We saw lots of minke whales and puffins, which are such cute birds. they're fat and have bright orange (!) feet. They float on the water until they decide to try and fly and that's when the trouble starts...run, run, run, flap,flap, flap and maybe they get their round selves an inch or two off the surface of the water.

The dried fish is a favorite icelandic snack. They eat it with butter, I like it, but everyone else here is not too fond...actually muna and ray didn't even try it. But we did eat at the Andrew Zimmern hot dog stand and the lamb hot dogs were good. We actually enjoyed the ones we ate from the little artist gallery in the middle of nowhere more, same hot dogs with the snap and crunch, but better sauce. See muna's blog for pictures of that stand. And the green lake is the Bjork lake. Muna thought that I was going to fall in. But I didn't. Not even close.

3 comments:

  1. Photo 1- Way gross!!!
    Photo 2- fun, that guy is looking at you funny wondering if he's going to be on your blog.. :)
    Photo 3- fun town
    Photo 4-My favorite so far.. I loooovvveeee those crosses..
    Photo 5- The lake is cool, and I couldn't of gotten that close either.. My knees are shaking just looking at you..

    Q. You ate lamb????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I agree, the picture of you at the, wait, what is that? The hillside? Oh, the green lake! Well, I am not afraid of heights per se, but I am terrified of ledges! I can't look down from some place like that. I can't even climb your average 6 foot ladder. Glad you're having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like I am close to the ledge, but I am not. there were at least two wide ledges below where I was sitting, but muna couldn´t see them from where she was.

    ReplyDelete