Some facts about Iceland:
-gas is ab about 174 kr per liter, which works out to about $9.00/gal. yes, I said nine dollars a gallon. And we have been driving a lot...
-they build churches everywhere, even in the middle of nowhere and everyone seems to be a Lutheran since that is the state church. The organist at the concert yesterday had been organist at the Catholic church, and is now organist at the Lutheran church, so apparantly it doesn't matter what your ecclesiastical leanings are.
-they import carrots from...Bakersfield! Yes, there were Bolthouse House Farms carrots in the supermarket, for about $4.00 a bag...for the baby carrots
-sheep hang out in groups of three, something Muna noticed and now we can't help calling out 'Three!" every time we see some. it is a good game to keep yourself occupied on long car rides
-Iceland is very proud of its Viking heritage even though they were bloodthirsty murdering savages who beheaded men and drowned women in sacks
-fish is not the national food, 'franskar' are, and thankfully that means I can eat yummy French Fries everywhere I go, along with pylsars (hot dogs). But they don't put nearly enough salt on the fries
Haven't heard from Abby.. Been too busy to call.. not busy now, Chris left an hour ago and I can't sleep.. He'll be gone for 3 weeks. Not sure if I can do this... Too sad...
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the comments thing. I'll look into it later when I'm more awake. Have a good day.. Boo for bland fries. Miss you guys..
Now I want a hot dog! Abby was busy on myspace about a week ago, posting some 45 pictures...but that's all I heard.
ReplyDeleteI've talked to Abby a couple times. All seems to be going well. She's coming down here tomorrow to hang out cuz we both have the day off. She also promised me some Flame & Skewers, yay!
ReplyDeleteHey, don't mock vikings;-)
ReplyDeleteThere is alot more to them than killing and violence. (I am not from Iceland, but Norway)
You have some really beautifull pictures here!