Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Reykjavik Viking Sculpture



The weather has been spectacular, sunny and warm. The people are so friendly and everyone speaks English. A little boy in the museum heard us talking and came up to Muna and said," Do you speak English? My name is Johnny." He was about 10 years old. When we tried to talk to him, he got scared and ducked away. I think that was the extent of his English, he just wanted to try it on someone...It really and truly never gets at all dark at night. I finally stayed up long enough last night to see the sun dip below the horizon, it was after midnight and still bright enough that I could sit and read without a light on. people were still playing golf at that time too. We have lots of entertainment watching golf from our living room window. Whole families play altogether.

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about the sun... I don't think about these things. How DO you sleep? Are the windows covered.... Craziness.. What time was it when it was dipping in and out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot, we have our first ultrasound today.. It will be nice to finally hear a heart beat to attach to this baby.. I feel so disconnected.. this time is definitely different..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO jealous! Enjoy the wonderful weather -- when I went to Lancaster yesterday, it was 111!

    ReplyDelete