Edinburgh's government is housed in a very modern style architecture. It looks a bit incongruous amidst all the old, dark victorian buildings surrounding it. There are these plaques imbedded into the sides of the building with various quotes. Gerard Manley Hopkins (You probably read his poem,"The Windhover" in high school...) is one of my favorite poets...hence this picture. Click on it if you can't read it, I downloaded it full-size.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Poetry on the streets of Edinburgh
Edinburgh's government is housed in a very modern style architecture. It looks a bit incongruous amidst all the old, dark victorian buildings surrounding it. There are these plaques imbedded into the sides of the building with various quotes. Gerard Manley Hopkins (You probably read his poem,"The Windhover" in high school...) is one of my favorite poets...hence this picture. Click on it if you can't read it, I downloaded it full-size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I say amen to that.Mom
ReplyDeleteWell,,,, I broke my blog!!! Chris is going to look at it tomorrow.. Sorry people. I was trying to change my templet again.. Opps!
ReplyDeleteSorry, Lacey, I feel responsible! I let you be the guinea pig and then I chickened out and just used the templets in Blogger...it seemed safer...I do like the new round corners though.
ReplyDelete