Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Last day in Iceland




Don't know if we'll be able to post once we leave here, so this may be it for a week or so. We go to London tomorrow night, then Scott and I go to Edinburgh for just the day and back to London until we fly back Monday.

Today we took a ferry out to a small island very close to Rvk, called Videy. There was not much there, but it was beautiful, lots of flowers and grassy hills. We found the Paradis Cave, just big enough for two, and the foundation of a monastery from the 10th century. The window picture is taken from inside the building that Ray hung out in while we were hiking around. Before that we went to the Botanic Garden and Scott and I enjoyed a cup of tea at the Cafe Flora, inside the greenhouse which is heated by pipes of hot water, and got caught up on our celeb gossip by reading Hello! magazine. It was very cold and windy, but the sun came out when we went to the island. It is a clear sunnny night as I type now at 9:00 pm.

3 comments:

  1. Fly back Monday? I thought you still had another week of vacation to enjoy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are ready for you guys to romp around England and then come home to us. We miss you. Every plane that passes Sam still sees you waving..... that is one long flight you are on.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete