Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blue Lagoon, Iceland






Well, we finally made it to the Blue Lagoon today. It was a rainy day, so the steam added to the atmosphere. it doesn't matter if you are getting wet from the rain when you can just duck under the water anyway. But it was hard to take pictures, so here is the best of what we have. You smear the silt on your face and it makes you young and beautiful. There were lots of people there who had just added a trip to the Blue Lagoon onto their airline tickets. Also pictures of the organ from the church concert yesterday and the flea market where Muna bartered the native woman down from her original price...well, actually the native woman bartered Muna down because Muna was just going to pay the marked price. Silly Muna. We didn't buy any of the hardfiskar that Scott was looking at.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, that looks so exciting! I want to smear silt of my face and take a dip in the blue lagoon! I'm so glad you got to go to Iceland and still swim for your summer vacation! I guess I won't get to hear all the stories about the trip until August.
    Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the time difference? When we wake is it the end of the day for you? Love the Lagoon.. Wish I had a anti-aging thing to smear.. :)

    Who would have thought that they had Chiquita bananas in Iceland..

    ReplyDelete