Friday, June 27, 2008

You know what in the city

The movie was fun. I am afraid to use the title again because I get hits on my blog from enough strange sources. If I keep putting that three letter word on here, who knows what will happen? Anyway, after the movie Theresa and I decided to have dinner, since it was dinner time, and since we were in Baks we could go to the best restaurant in town. Anyone already know where we went? Yes, you are right, Urrichio's Trattoria. We had Cosmos. I love their food (sauces, plate licking good!) but I love the fact that they welcome every single person who walks in, you don't have to be fancy and dressed up, although the patrons often are. Last night we dined among the following: A biker dude, I should say an OLD biker dude in a cowboy hat and vest with his large companion, also in a cowboy hat; a table of Fresno State fans celebrating the school's baseball win (how do I know? Because one of the gentlemen pulled out three different papers' sports sections and unrolled them like they were scrolls announcing the Messiah's return); a lovely woman who offered to share her chocolate dessert with us (Theresa stared too long. And maybe she even drooled.) because she wouldn't finish it and the man with her would not partake; and the usual assortment of lawyers and judges and uptown sorts. The waitress begged us to tell her if "they" get married because she has a two year old and hasn't seen the S** movie yet, and when we refused (for her sake) she knocked our menus off the table and onto the floor! She said that was an accident and that she wasn't being mean to us on purpose. But...the menus were on the floor...so what could we think? Altogether it was a fun afternoon-evening and I even have chicken piccata left over for dinner tonight. Dunno what Scott is going to eat...

2 comments:

  1. I've still never been there. I need to make Matthew take me one of these days... When we have money preferably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, we should have asked her. Noboby should miss Urrichio's.

    ReplyDelete