Theresa brought her computer so I posted some pictures while in Angel's Camp...We had a great 2 bedroom unit, somehow I got the room with the king size bed all by myself. I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that I had been sick for 2 weeks before we got there and no one wanted to listen to me cough all night. But I was all better and hardly coughed at all. I didn't even take any cough medicine. These pictures are taken at Twisted Oak winery. The winery is a ways from the road and it seems that the winery people thought that they needed to entertain potential buyers so that they would be in a happy mood even before they sampled wine, so the road up was decorated with clever and amusing signs, hence the rubber chickens. Don't ask me what the connection with wine and chickens is...But the best thing about the winery was that the tasting was....FREE! How long has it been since you had a free taste of wine? I bought two bottles of Twisted Oak Murgatroyd. And a potholder for Scott Woods. We went to another winery in Murphys yesterday, Ironstone. Much larger and more commercial, but very beautiful and they had a 44 pound nugget of gold on display. I was impressed. They have a small museum and the nugget is kept in a huge walk in safe. Then we tasted wine and I bought some old vine Zin. I will bring some to share to Marc's party on Saturday. I'm going to go unpack, I'll post some more pictures later. Oh, and Theresa just had her eyelids done last week, so that is the explanation for her black, yellow and green shiners. Gita, after seeing Theresa, I don't know if we really want to do that...
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Ladies on vacation: Nancy, Theresa, Jen and Kathy
Theresa brought her computer so I posted some pictures while in Angel's Camp...We had a great 2 bedroom unit, somehow I got the room with the king size bed all by myself. I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that I had been sick for 2 weeks before we got there and no one wanted to listen to me cough all night. But I was all better and hardly coughed at all. I didn't even take any cough medicine. These pictures are taken at Twisted Oak winery. The winery is a ways from the road and it seems that the winery people thought that they needed to entertain potential buyers so that they would be in a happy mood even before they sampled wine, so the road up was decorated with clever and amusing signs, hence the rubber chickens. Don't ask me what the connection with wine and chickens is...But the best thing about the winery was that the tasting was....FREE! How long has it been since you had a free taste of wine? I bought two bottles of Twisted Oak Murgatroyd. And a potholder for Scott Woods. We went to another winery in Murphys yesterday, Ironstone. Much larger and more commercial, but very beautiful and they had a 44 pound nugget of gold on display. I was impressed. They have a small museum and the nugget is kept in a huge walk in safe. Then we tasted wine and I bought some old vine Zin. I will bring some to share to Marc's party on Saturday. I'm going to go unpack, I'll post some more pictures later. Oh, and Theresa just had her eyelids done last week, so that is the explanation for her black, yellow and green shiners. Gita, after seeing Theresa, I don't know if we really want to do that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where did you go and how come I wasn't invited....I'm a lady too!
ReplyDeleteAre you home?
ReplyDeleteMom
Got home about 6:00 Thursday.
ReplyDeletemarc's party?
ReplyDeletehi Jen - Glad you enjoyed your visit to Twisted Oak! And I really enjoyed the pictures you posted... however, I should mention that those rubber chickens are creatures in the wild and should be approached with caution.
ReplyDeleteAnd also, next time you are in the area be sure to visit our tasting room in Murphys which features a 44-ounce rubber chicken nugget... cheers!