Saturday, June 7, 2008

Better!

Really, Mom, I am! I don't have pneumonia or Valley Fever (Theresa's suggestion). The frog came during the night and gave me my voice back. I have to say that the last two days of school, although frustrating, were very quiet since I couldn't talk. (I thought that it was the students who made the noise...) I couldn't give the kids my traditional farewell speech, it was a very strange feeling for me, I don't have any feeling of the year being over and the summer beginning. So here is what I would have said to the kids if I could have made any sound at all:
We have had a great year together. You have worked hard and learned a lot. You are all ready for third grade, but you must keep reading this summer so you don't forget all the wonderful things you have learned this year. Come see me next year when you are in third grade, I'll see you on the playground. And if you see me around town, at KMart or Albertson's, come say hi!

3 comments:

  1. No wonder your students love you! They know you are still their friend even after school is out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm glad you're better! too bad you didn't get better in time to babysit Alex. (although, you know, if you want to, you could come down and hang out with us...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better but not well, I'll have to call you so you can hear for yourself.

    ReplyDelete