Monday, May 26, 2008

Heron

I tried to get a picture, but it didn't work...Friday Scott swore that he saw a great blue heron rise out of the Smith's backyard and fly over the fence. Hmmmm, it was early in the morning, maybe he still had sleep in his eyes, maybe it was a large raven that looked like a...heron? Then yesterday I looked out the back window and I saw a great blue heron perched on the fence. It was definitely not a raven. The Smith's have a little fishpond in their yard, and the heron is apparently hungry. I grabbed the camera, because of course this would have been a great blog pic, but couldn't get the picture through the glass and when I opened the sliding glass door, the heron flew off. I will keep watching, I want a picture. Oh, and in case you are worried about the fish, the heron's beak was empty. Poor heron.

2 comments:

  1. Oh very cool!! I'd be buying big goldfish to stock the pond with just so the heron would have something to eat, and hopefully would keep coming back. neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a heron story too. Once I was at Hart Park and rescued a heron and took it to CALM (so they could fix it) and she told me to be careful taking it out of the car (which it was wrapped in a blanket) because one time a lady was doing the same thing (but had the bird in a cat box) and when she opened the cat box, the bird leaped out, stabbed her in the eye with it's beak and killed her... I promise, true story.. Some have heard it, some have not. My heron did not live, either did that lady. Crazy business.. Check my blog, I have picts of my backyard and all out hard work. Lacey :) PS, I'm not checking my spelling, too tired. :)

    ReplyDelete