Bible study was great last night. It was our turn to provide dinner, and since we weren't sure what our kitchen status would be, we stopped at The Great Wall and bought lots of chinese by the pound. For $4.00/lb you can get any chinese food from the buffet. It's an awesome way to feed lots of people, cheap! Black pepper chicken, stir fried green beans, egg rolls, beef and broccoli, even fortune cookies. Mine said something like, Today is
probably better than yesterday. It was the word probably that made it a great fortune. Nothing definite about it, no risks taken. We took it up to Vicki Lange's house, which was really awesome, in the truly awesome sense of the word, because there was a thunderstorm rolling through and from her house we could watch the clouds tumble by. And by. Of course, this being CA there was not any actual thunder, but we are so weather starved that even the possiblity of thunder is exciting. Sad I know. And then we studied Genesis 16 and 17 where Abram becomes Abraham...it's the whole foundation of Christianity, Judaism and Islam. WOW...Scott was great at explaining the nature of God's covenant with Abraham and what that means to us today and we talked a lot about how Abraham's actions have affected our relationships with the Arab world today. Good stuff to try to grasp.
And now Sam and Aiden are playing Hide n Seek. Sam is hiding in the bathroom and yelling to Aiden, I'm in the living room. And Aiden says, where are you? And Sam says In the living room, and so Aiden runs away from the bathroom where he can hear Sam's voice coming from, to the living room to find him...he can't find him.
And did you hear someone shot two elephant seals at San Simeon? At close range while they were sleeping...Refer back to the H8 evil post...
I wish I had been at that bible study! And now off I go to read about Abram/Abraham! Please tell Aiden, for me, that Sam (most likely) won't tell exactly the truth. He might just fib sometimes. Just so as to not get caught. You, know.
ReplyDeleteThat's sad about the seals. I found the story online. It was 3 seals.. :( Here's the link. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-seal4-2008may04,0,2414329.story
ReplyDeletehey! how come you have a little rating thing on your blog? I want that! How do I get it?
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, people who kill animals for fun (especially like that) are not right.