Monday, May 19, 2008

Don't be sad

Our principal's mother died last week so some of the first graders wrote suggestions to cheer her up...


      Michael:  Swim.  Make bubbles in the pool.  (her brother really liked this one, of course he had lots of comments.....)

      Zachary:  Eat chocolate chip cookies and M&M's at home.  Hide them from everyone, even your dog because if you open an empty wrapper when you expect cookies, you'll be sad again. 

      Amy:  Borrow your sister's lipstick and put it on and make kissy faces in the mirror.  If you put a lot on, it will really make you smile.  (her sister said it sounded like something she would do)

      Rachel:  Play with a parrot.  I play with mine when I'm sad.  I have him talk and he says bad words that I taught him on accident.  Nobody knows he can say them yet, but it makes me laugh when I'm sad.  

And finally, my favorite:

     Devin:  Come to school and let your friends help you feel better.  Just looking at our school will make you feel happy.


I think these are all very good ideas, even if you aren't sad, but just need cheering up for some reason.  Or just because.

 

1 comment: