Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Grateful for good health
I finally feel okay today after a week of being sick and I am SO grateful, thank you dear Lord, for health. Saturday we went to the hospital with Gordon, Sunday got a call from a teacher we work with whose husband was in Bakersfield Heart Hospital with heart problems (turned out to be an infection that caused fluid to build up around his heart...he's only 49 and the doctors told her to call his family...they have two young adopted children and she's not ready to raise them by herself...but yesterday he was better and today he came home...whooh...) and it has driven home the notion that we never know what tomorrow will bring. And to remind me of my favorite advice from my wise mother, If money can fix it, it's not a problem. So, tonight I may just skip American Idol (of course it is on DVR and so I can catch up with it later) and pour a glass of wine and read my new Sue Grafton that came in the mail (I love Zooba!) in my pajamas. And Fuzzy robe. And be grateful for the health of everyone I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please let all be well. Mom
ReplyDeleteI too am grateful for all our health. And fuzzy robes. And American Idol. and Zooba (whatever that is). And wise Moms.....Gita
ReplyDelete