The Mistress of the Art of Death byArianna Franklin: medieval murder mystery
The Implacable Order of Things by Jose Luis Peixoto: Portugese novel, poetic
The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs
The Shack by William P. Young: hmmmm, I really wanted to be blown away by this book, but I'm not...
finished:
Bones by Jonathan Kellerman
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall: children's lit, but so good! In the genre of motherless, charming children who get into trouble. Like the Shoe books...
The Year of Fog by Michelle Redmond
Twilightby what's her name: sorry, not well-written, just aggravating to read. Definitely not in the same category as Harry Potter
The Loop Group by Larry McMurtrey
Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
The Land of Mango Sunsets by Dorothea Benton Frank
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Beach Music by Pat Conroy
Sin City by Larry McMurtry
Children of Men by PD James
The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
The Big Both Ways by John Straley
The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon; finished...What if...instead of creating the state of Israel, the Jews fled to Sitka, AK after WWII?
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay; finished I am loving this book! I think that I'll give it to Ray for his birthday
Ysabel byGuy Gavriel Kay An odd book; a sort of Celtic myth but takes place in today's south of France
The Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult Culture clash with the Amish
Blood Lure by Nevada Barr: Glacier National Park mystery
Silence of the Grave: an Icelandic mystery, fun to read in light of our upcoming Icelandic adventure
Jar City: the jar city referred to in the title is the room where organ samples from deaths and especially murder victims from Reykjavik are kept
Magical Thinkingby Augusten Burroughs: more from the Running with Scissors author
Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy: a series of short stories so not as absorbing as Scarlet Feather or Circle of Friends; I love her characters though...
Very nice photos.
ReplyDeleteIt has been cold here, but no recent snow.:)
I can't believe that piddly amount of snow is enough to close the schools...
ReplyDeleteOh well, enjoy your day off!