sam has been waiting for weeks to pick peaches off the tree in the front yard, and today I decided that even though the peaches could use a few more days of sunshine to be at their optimum sweetness, they could PICK PEACHES today! this is the tree we never planted...Lacey's mom claims that it came from a seed she threw in the ivy...it has the most beautiful, biggest perfect peaches on it. last year, actually the last two years, have had no peaches at all, so I was very excited to have peaches this year. the branches are so heavy with peaches that they are laying on the ground across the front walkway, thereby blocking the way to the porch and up the front steps. but I LOVE peaches and wouldn't let anyone touch those branches until the peaches are picked...the cousins picked for as long as they were interested (about 5 minutes) and both had full bags of peaches to take home to their moms. there are still lots of peaches up high,left to ripen in the sunshine.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
sam and aiden harvesting peaches
sam has been waiting for weeks to pick peaches off the tree in the front yard, and today I decided that even though the peaches could use a few more days of sunshine to be at their optimum sweetness, they could PICK PEACHES today! this is the tree we never planted...Lacey's mom claims that it came from a seed she threw in the ivy...it has the most beautiful, biggest perfect peaches on it. last year, actually the last two years, have had no peaches at all, so I was very excited to have peaches this year. the branches are so heavy with peaches that they are laying on the ground across the front walkway, thereby blocking the way to the porch and up the front steps. but I LOVE peaches and wouldn't let anyone touch those branches until the peaches are picked...the cousins picked for as long as they were interested (about 5 minutes) and both had full bags of peaches to take home to their moms. there are still lots of peaches up high,left to ripen in the sunshine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't let me forget to pick some next Sat. I love peaches.. and don't think I've had one from that tree.. It's time.
ReplyDeleteSo I just got done telling Chris about Sam and the peaches. How I said, "Sam, after church, grandma wants you to come over and pick peaches." He smiled and ran away... Chris said, "he came running over and said to Ian, "daddy, can we go to grandmas and pick pizza's?"... Ian, "I think he means peaches" Too cute..
ReplyDeleteYum Yum Muna
ReplyDelete