"Mrs. Newkirk, when you put a magnet in the sand and it is covered with that black stuff, that's lead poisoning isn't it? Shayla says it's not, but I say it is. Who's right?"
It took a minute or two of sorting through context, black stuff? magnet? sand?. Finally I think I understood. "The black stuff that sticks to the magnet when you put it in the sand is iron, not lead."
"But is is still poison, right?"
"No, actually iron is good for you, it makes your blood nice and red...(quick thought flips through my head) but that doesn't mean you should eat sand...it is dirty and has bacteria, so even though it is not poison, DON'T EAT SAND!"
*****
Aiden and Emma spent the night last night. They were very good, slept all night, but Lacey went to the hospital in an ambulance late last night. The last I heard was a possible kidney infection or stones...
Hello again.
ReplyDeleteNice new blog design/colours.
Russ:)