Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday afternoon


A quiet day after coming home from Pt. Hueneme.  I looked up out the window and noticed that the maple trees and lilac bushes are starting to bud.  Spring is coming...I can't wait, the days are getting longer and even if there is more snow ahead, we are closer to summer than we were in September..."I heard a bird sing in the dark of December, we are closer to spring than we were in September"  one of my favorite poems, especially at this time of the year.  
I will post the 9 grandchildren picture that we took in Carpinteria in January...I had to wait until after Muna's birthday so I didn't ruin the surprise.  
And...I am going to wear two different earrings to work tomorrow in honor of my mother, we will see if anyone says anything...

1 comment:

  1. I guess I will never live that down. And of course you waited until I had been out in public a long time before you "noticed".
    Mom

    ReplyDelete