slinky...definitely one of my favorite childhood toys. a child of post-war southern california suburbia, I was hungry for a house with steps so I could walk my slinky down the stairs like on the commercial. I think frieda was only one I knew who had a house with stairs, and she sold that and moved to the mobile home when I was pretty young...so when I was 9 and mom and dad were looking for a house to buy in thousand Oaks, they at one point asked us girls which of two houses they were looking at would we rather live in? well, we wanted the rancho rd house. It was two stories! It had stairs! the other house had a swimming pool, but so what? bop had a swimming pool. No one had STAIRS! and that's how I remember ending up in the rancho rd house, it was because we wanted STAIRS!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
slinky
slinky...definitely one of my favorite childhood toys. a child of post-war southern california suburbia, I was hungry for a house with steps so I could walk my slinky down the stairs like on the commercial. I think frieda was only one I knew who had a house with stairs, and she sold that and moved to the mobile home when I was pretty young...so when I was 9 and mom and dad were looking for a house to buy in thousand Oaks, they at one point asked us girls which of two houses they were looking at would we rather live in? well, we wanted the rancho rd house. It was two stories! It had stairs! the other house had a swimming pool, but so what? bop had a swimming pool. No one had STAIRS! and that's how I remember ending up in the rancho rd house, it was because we wanted STAIRS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
♬ ♬ ♬
ReplyDeleteWhat walks down stairs
Alone or in pairs
And makes a slinketty sound?
A spring, a spring,
A marvelous thing,
Everyone knows it's Slinky.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky,
For fun it's a wonderful toy
It's Slinky, it's Slinky,
It's fun for a girl and a boy!
it's fun for a girl and a boy!
♬ ♬ ♬
you never let us have stairs. meanie.
ReplyDeleteI thought we picked the house. You mean we let you spoiled little kids do it!
ReplyDelete