Scott took the picture in Barcelona...
I do not have membership in the Starbucks club. Why not? Because I still walk up to the counter and order a small coffee. And I always forget that when asked, "cream?" the answer is ,"yes," or ,"no" not, "I will put my own in" because they just want to know how full the cup should be. So last night when I mentioned to one daughter that at Starbucks "tall" means "short" I was lectured by Other Daughter (who happens to wear a green apron at work...) that short still means short; short, tall and grande being the original sizes, but no one ordered shorts except kids, so it was taken off the menu, but you can still order a short there is even a button for it on the register. My theory is that Club Members don't really care that much about the particular drink; it is the *ordering* of a: venti hand swept toffee cracked quadruple shot African with one quarter rainbow sprinkles, upside down, please! that gives meaning to their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment