Monday, May 28, 2007

How honest do I want to be?

I can't quite decide what to do with this. Is it only for me? And the occassional random viewer? A memoir like the ones I love to read, Liar's Club and A Girl Named...Where to start. Today is our 31st anniversary. So...I wanted a simple wedding, not much fuss. When Serina decorated the car, I threw a childish hissy fit and made her take the cans off. I didn't want anyone looking at us at we drove to the hotel. The most discussion about the wedding concerned the music during the ceremony...Juan played guitar as people were seated and Randy, Linda and Gwenda sang Be Thou My Vision and Linda sang her rewritten O Perfect Love and really the music was beautiful. The chapel was dark and lit by candles, no flowers, just draping ivy in tubs. Glen rang the church bells as we were taking pictures afterwards. We were young, 20 and 23 but we knew were making a vow we intended to keep and make work no matter what, a promise to make a life and a family together and I am grateful that that is what we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment